[clue-tech] Sharing samba with libpam-mount?

dennisjperkins at comcast.net dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Mon Feb 2 07:24:53 MST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adrian F. Nagle, IV" <anagle at naglenet.org>
To: "CLUE tech" <clue-tech at cluedenver.org>
Sent: Monday, February 2, 2009 5:47:43 AM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain
Subject: Re: [clue-tech] Sharing samba with libpam-mount?

----- Original Message ----
> From: David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us>
> - (on the server) instead of using a link to /media/nagle_ext1, mount the drive
> at /srv/nagle_ext1 (this can be done regardless of where else the drive is
> mounted)
>
> Personally I'd go for the last. There's no reason to use links instead of mount
> points in Linux and that allows you to use links correctly if you decide you
> need them for something else.

I made another fstab entry to mount the drive at /srv/nagle_ext1. Going to the tty1 terminal, it works fine. However, logging in to KDE, it does not work. If I login at a terminal, KDE will see it, but not without logging in tty1 first.

I checked /etc/pam.d/kdm, and I load the module there
@include common-pammount

Is there somehow another place to put it?

Adrian
Adrian Nagle ~ anagle at naglenet.org