[clue-tech] Sharing samba with libpam-mount?

Adrian F. Nagle, IV anagle at naglenet.org
Thu Feb 5 05:36:15 MST 2009

I'm still tinkering with this issue of libpam_mount not mounting a samba server on my laptop.  In the occasional moments I've had to work on this issue I've learned:
* I can get this running in 5 minutes on my desktop with no problems (it runs super slow, so it's not much progress as far as usefulness)
* On my laptop where I'm having the trouble, I cleaned up my /media directory, so the directory is mostly empty.  When I login to KDE, pam does create the mounting directory (so pam must work), but there is no listing there.  When I login to tty1, it works.

I do not know the difference between the two installations.  Theoretically, both have the same Kubuntu installations.  I know the laptop was installed through the install CD at the last installfest and the desktop at the last north installfest.  At one point, I think I did a blind update all on the desktop, so perhaps I need to update something for kdm.

If anyone has any particular files I should look for, I'd appreciate it.  Otherwise, I'm going to try to peruse aptitude to figure out what might need to be updated.

Adrian
Adrian Nagle ~ anagle at naglenet.org