[clue-tech] CLUE Talk Mailing list mbox file too big to rsynch

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Mon Feb 2 18:25:24 MST 2009

On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 08:57:55 -0900
adam bultman wrote:

> 31MB?  That's not very big.  I routinely rsync files over 20GB, up to
> what?  60GB?

Yeah, but how much physical RAM do you have?

FWIW, the VPS plan CLUE uses has 256MB dedicated RAM. It's OpenVZ, with a
hard memory limit and no swap space.

> Could you change the format to Maildir, which would make syncing a lot
> easier?

I don't think so. I admit I haven't perused the Mailman dox, but some web
searching turned up some discussions about having Mailman deliver to
Maildir, but not use it for it's own internal storage.

jed