[clue-tech] webserver

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Mon Feb 9 09:17:08 MST 2009

What does this take?

All the websites I maintain are currently hosted in a quality-oriented
shared hosting situation.  I have need to run some tests in a dedicated
situation to compare website speed performance (or possibly an
environment which is sparingly accessed)  with the shared hosting.

Q1: I have 2 Ubuntu Linux computers at home.  What would be involved in
setting up one so that I could run the tests and the internet would
follow a common bath through the Qwest or other network to legitimize
performance.

Q2: Depending on one above, does anyone have an environment already set
up where I can set up a demo website using SSH (will need access to set
up a MySQL database);  a modest stipend is doable, a very tall beer, a
little more...

--
Bob Meetin
www.dottedi.biz

Hook up with me at www.Twitter.com/bobmeetin or www.Twitter.com/dottedi, Facebook, LinkedIn, or catch my blog at www.dottedi.biz/blog.php

Standards - you gotta love em - there are so many to choose from!