[clue-tech] SYSFS_DEPREC(I)ATED_V2

mike havlicek mhavlicek1 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 16:05:55 MST 2009

I will have to check smartctl although hardware tests through
the IBM ServeRAID utilities pass.

I highly suspect that hwclock and some sort of auditing are at play
here with the filesystem problem. I could imagine errors occuring
if some sort of verifications are being attempted against a return
from hwclock and its failing.

Side note: what does linux-gate.so.1 do for hwclock? Is that something
that would be enabled in a kernel build?

SYSFS_DEPRICATED_V2 was really a side curiosity at looking at the vendor
distributed kernel and the newer kernel source; although I think it is
related to some I/O :)

-Mike