[clue-tech] Linux From Scratch

Bruce Ediger eballen1 at qwest.net
Mon Jan 5 14:38:27 MST 2009

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:

> Is anyone else in CLUE interested in building Linux from the ground up?  I'm
> currently building Linux on a new laptop, using a mixture of LFS and DIY
> Linux.

I am.  I've done LFS once, over a year ago, but I ditched it in favor of
Slackware 12.0 for reasons I can't recall.  I bought a 40Gb maxtor at a
garage sale for $2, and I'm going to do LFS again, as soon as I can get
the disk in the appropriate Pee Cee.

What's DIY linux?  Something even more from-scratch than LFS?

IBM's "developerWorks" had this tutorial:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/l-dw-linux-embedded-distro-i.html