[clue-tech] proxy and firewall setup help at the Installfest

qqq1one at yahoo.com qqq1one at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 23:39:50 MST 2009

Might there be someone experienced with proxy and firewall set up who is going to the Installfest on the 24th?

I could use some help and am willing to pay for your time (cash/beer - your choice).

I have tried to set up Squid/SquidGuard to only allow outgoing access to my white-listed sites.  It seems to work for the "SquidGuard dry-run" (http://www.squidguard.org/Doc/verify.html), but not when I test it with a browser.

I am not tied to using SquidGuard, but so far that seems like the logical choice.

Hopefully someone will be able to help me set up the firewall to force all users to go through the proxy as well.