[clue-tech] Jobs

David Maddox softwareanddesign at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 12:37:10 MST 2009

In case there's anyone else on this list who went to the email lists page
and couldn't find clue-jobs (like I did), it's a Yahoo group found by
clicking the 'clue jobs' link at the top of cluedenver.org. 879 members,
yes, but the last activity I see was about six months ago - so I think the
guy has a point about it being unknown/forgotten, or at least unused.
On a QA group of which I was a member, a very generous volunteer harvested
and reposted related jobs. I've seen a fair number of Linux related job
postings elsewhere, I'll be glad to post pointers if it's useful and as time
allows. I've even found my first local Android-related job posting! Sadly,
the company boasts a program called iFart for the iPhone in their stable of
apps, though apparently they are doing pretty well on some of them. This is
why I never assume I know what users want. :-(

ObTech: news sources are saying that Motorola is focusing 100% on Android
for smartphone development (laying off other engineers), and the job sites
have lots of listings for them, as well as T-Mobile of course. Sounds like a
good thing to be ready for in Q3 and beyond.

2nd NNTP-users reference: Followups to job issues to CLUEJOBS at Yahoo. :-)
Though I didn't actually set them in the header.

Dave