[clue-tech]: Jobs: Off topic observation

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun Jan 18 11:50:03 MST 2009

mike havlicek wrote:
> There seems to be a bit of finger pointing  at questionable technical
> posts by the official/not-offical moderaters of the list.

I am not a moderator of any sort.

I would like to contribute to the community by answering technical
questions on this list.  But I do not have time, nor interest, to read
general discussion and opinion.  Happily (for me) the group has a
different list for that.

So when posts stray too much from technical discussion I can either say
so, or go elsewhere as the list becomes a list that I don't care about.

Is there another alternative?  Which would you rather I do?

> To me it seems that pointing out that an off topic topic is off topic
> itself is off topic .. perhaps there should be an off-topic list. Or
> "CLUE critique of the off topic topic" list :)

Nonsense.