[clue-tech] Favorite Streaming Media Player?

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Sun Jan 18 12:02:25 MST 2009

Hi Folks,

Nothing against my impressive collection of OGG files, but sometimes I
just want either mindless listening, or to find new stuph, or just music
I don't have.

So I'm thinking of abandoning noatun (which I switched to since xmms went
all backend crazy, no new frontend) for something else. Noatun, BTW, has
trouble with Radio Paradise; not sure why.

Ideally, I'd like something that integrates will with KDE. It should have
a minimal screen footprint, and let me easily bookmark the URLs for
streams I like. I guess I won't mind if it uses the xmms2 backend.

So, what do you like?

jed