[clue-tech] Steelers, Cardinals...

Charles W Downing chuckdowning at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 19 07:19:39 MST 2009

Gang,

After years of lurking, I am finally in Highlands Ranch with a free
Saturday.  For the moment, I plan to attend the installfest.  I would
"dine in" or "call out", whichever a bunch would like to do.

I have several live CDs, some of which I downloaded in 2007.  They include

Fedora 10,
Open Solaris 2008.11,
Ubuntu 8.04 ( from September 2008),
Kubuntu 8.04--i386 and amd64--(from June 2008),
LinuxMint 5-r1,
freespire 2.0.3,
GoboLinux.13,
SiduxLite 3.1
and Damn Small Linux 3.4.1.

Those last three were transferred to CD in "late" 2007.  I even have an
Ubuntu 8.04 labeled "genealogy", which means that it is set up to
automagically install gramps.  No telling what else we might find in
/home--this curious cat has had a lot of free time.

I look forward to putting faces with names.

David L. Anselmi wrote:
> But first installfest is only 6 days away.
>
> I haven't gone looking for distros and there usually isn't much
> interest beyond the latest Ubuntu.  But I'll go through the usual list
> I think. Except for Knoppix.  That doesn't seem to be updating
> anymore.  Anyone heard what it's up to?
>
> Is there anything else anyone wants?  What about x86 vs amd64?  Who's
> bringing which?
>
> If you want to order lunch let me know early and we'll arrange
> something.  Otherwise we're likely to just go to dinner afterwards.
>
> See you next weekend!
> Dave

Chuck Downing
Highlands Ranch, Colorado USA