[clue-tech]: Jobs: Off topic observation

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Mon Jan 19 06:45:44 MST 2009

----- clue-tech-request at cluedenver.org wrote:
> Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 11:50:03 -0700
> From: "David L. Anselmi" <anselmi at anselmi.us>
> Subject: Re: [clue-tech]: Jobs: Off topic observation
>
> mike havlicek wrote:
> > There seems to be a bit of finger pointing  at questionable technical
> > posts by the official/not-offical moderaters of the list.
>
> I am not a moderator of any sort.
>
> I would like to contribute to the community by answering technical
> questions on this list.  But I do not have time, nor interest, to read
> general discussion and opinion.  Happily (for me) the group has a
> different list for that.
>
> So when posts stray too much from technical discussion I can either
> say so, or go elsewhere as the list becomes a list that I don't care
> about.
>
> Is there another alternative?  Which would you rather I do?
>
> > To me it seems that pointing out that an off topic topic is off topic
> > itself is off topic .. perhaps there should be an off-topic list. Or
> > "CLUE critique of the off topic topic" list :)
>
> Nonsense.
>
> Dave

As a CLUE-Admin, but in the end not a Moderator of the CLUE Lists (I do not think we ever had such for that matter), I would concur with David Anselmi.  Unlike Dave though I tend to be more "quiet" or "lurking" on the lists with an occasional posting to contribute now and then.

Also to note, I am moving this thread to CLUE-Talk which is more appropriate for this subject matter.

In regards to "OT being OT"...this happens with practically most LUGs and user group lists.  Eventually the thread will simmer down and close though.  Lucky for some like myself, I get these lists in Digest format so I can view them all at once to assist with "filtering" out topics and such to my personal tastes. ;-)

Additional in regards to the CLUE-Jobs original posting, there is some discussion on the CLUE-Admin list about what to do in regards to the Yahoo Group being a bit "dead" or "stale" at this time.  More to come later since I have picked up the reigns here to see what can we do to assist the CLUE Members in regards to this.

--- Crawford
PS: As noted above, I get this list in Digest format so pardon any delays in responding in advance.