[clue-tech] install libltdl

mike havlicek mhavlicek1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 12:09:46 MST 2009

Hello,

You might check into the linking and loading of the library and confirm the
location of the .so files as well as the how your app is trying to satisfy dependencies.

$ /sbin/ldconfig -p | grep libltdl

A possible file to look at is ld.so.conf which is likely in /etc. I think this helps direct the shared library system. For example on a particular rpm based server the above invocation of ldconfig followed by an rpm reports:

(15)[havlicek at sparky etc]$ /sbin/ldconfig -p | grep libltdl
        libltdl.so.3 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libltdl.so.3
        libltdl.so (libc6) => /usr/lib/libltdl.so
(16)[havlicek at sparky etc]$ rpm -qf /usr/lib/libltdl.so.3
libtool-libs-1.5.6-4.EL4.2

To see what your app is looking for and how or whether it is satisfied:

$ ldd /path_to_your_app

You might do

$ man ld.so
$ man ldconfig (possibly see the -v option)
$ man ldd

Is Kubuntu rpm based? It looks like Kubuntu has a dedicated package for this library. It looked like a google search on libltdl kubuntu digs up some references.

-Mike