[clue-tech] Sharing samba with libpam-mount?

Adrian F. Nagle, IV anagle at naglenet.org
Sat Jan 31 10:28:27 MST 2009

> From: Dennis J Perkins <dennisjperkins at comcast.net>

> The pam_unix messages are normal.  The first means that your request for
> a session was authenticated and approved.  I'm not sure about the other,
> but I looked at my system and I see that these pam_unix messages
> sometimes come in pairs.
>
> I missed the start of this thread.  What is the problem?
>
> @include common-pammount loads a set of shared pam directives into the
> directive files you mentioned: login, su and kdm.  I'm guessing that you
> want to use Samba to automatically connect and disconnect when you log
> in and out?  That makes sense for login and kdm, but su?

Yes, my goal was to automatically mount samba volumes, without having to mess with passwords.  I was just following directions I found online, and I see now loading pam in su is not necessary.

I'm trying to mount the sharename "srvshare" (listed in my smb.conf file) on my jerome server at the local mount point /media/srvshare.

Looking at df and listing the contents of /media/srvshare it doesn not look like pam_mount is mounting what I want.  I'm trying to figure out what I missed or have setup incorrectly.  My questions are trying to figure out how to debug this.

I can connect to srvshare via Konqueror (smb://jerome/srvshare/nagle_ext1).

Adrian
Adrian Nagle ~ anagle at naglenet.org