[clue-tech] LinuxMCE installation

Joel Donahue joel.donahueis at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 14:33:16 MDT 2009

I have linuxmce 7.10 dual booted on one of my slave mythtv backends. The
program's pretty impressive but I only use it for media related things
and right now mythtv meets my needs better so I don't always have it
running. I'm not much of a linux guru and still consider myself a noobie
so I don't think I could help you much with the driver kernel patches. I
haven't done much with the security side of the program though and if
you want help with that I'd like see how it works. Are you installing
7.10 or the latest release candidate?

On Sun, 2009-06-21 at 12:13 -0600, Michael Mikelson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm doing a LinuxMCE installation, and was wondering if anyone else
> had done it?  I have some DVR cards (conexant bt878a chipset) that
> need drivers added to the kernel, something I've never done before.
> I've got the code.
>
> If anyone has ever done this installation, or knows how to update the
> kernel and would like to play with the system and help me with the
> driver installation, I'd really appreciate it.
>
> I'm focusing on the security angle of this installation and the cell
> phone integration.  The mythtv part of this is fun and all, but my
> area of focus is the security.
>
> Anyway, anyone who wants to give this a go, let me know, I have the
> cameras and a new quadcore setup for this, just am offering the
> opportunity to play with it in exchange for the driver help!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Michael
JD