[clue-tech] VPN over Internet

Jon Buttjer jontheisguy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 08:48:37 MST 2009

Dennis,
Good morning.  It seems that you wish a combination of things, primarily:
1 - Remote access to that network/pc (a dynamic dns provider to map
global ip address to the comcast modem ie.dyndns + port forwarding
locally which you can use to get to the desired service on the
internal host).  The dyndns would let you use a name
(myfavoritesupportcustomer.dyndns.org) instead of the current DHCP
address from comcast.
2 - Gui or command access.  Once you have your connection up, you can
choose which way to go here. I have used VNC through SSH for linux,
and it works.  For Windows, I have used www.logmein.com, remote
desktop (RDP), citrix in the past, etc. and they each work.

So a next questions might be:
* Is your remote host running linux or windows
* are you going to need services between the remote host and your
local, control host (ie. printing, file sharing, etc.).

HTH,
jontheisguy