[clue-tech] VPN over Internet

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 23:05:24 MST 2009

Sounds like what you need is the Linux equivalent of Windows Remote Desktop Assistant.  The person in need of assistance sends a Windows Messenger IM to the technical guru with a link to initiate a remote desktop session.  Works very well with XP and above and gets past NATs on both ends.  It probably gets past the firewall because the connections originate from inside each network rather than the outside.  I don't know of anything like that for Linux.... yet anyway.