[clue-tech] VPN over Internet

Fri Mar 6 18:25:27 MST 2009

Dennis said, "I gave a friend my old laptop with Linux on it.  She doesn't know Linux,
but is willing to learn.  I want to be able to access her GUI to do some
support, if necessary, or show her how to do something."

Setup a port-forward for port 550 on the expert's network.
Determine the expert's ~external~ IP address.
Have the novice run "x11vnc -connect ext.ern.al.ip"

The novice may need to "sudo apt-get install x11vnc" or equivalent.

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT, MCSE, Linux+
tel://720.333.LANS
Freeing people from the tyranny (or whatevery) of Microsoft, one at a time.