[clue-tech] broadcom wireless help anyone?

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 19:40:57 MST 2009

Here's a copy of the resolution I sent to my friends on the sidux list.

"Well I believe I have found the answer. It appears that the broadcom
card/chip in this laptop is defective. I bought a new laptop to
provide WinXP for my daughter (proprietary package that won't work on
Vista), and the new laptop works just fine with my Netgear wireless
ap. Not only that, but the new laptop sees 4-5 other wireless aps in
my neighborhood, whereas Ceni could only see one (mine) when scanning
using the broadcom chip.

I met a friend today at a local Panera with wireless, and he loaned me
a belkin wireless card. Ceni brought up the belkin with no problems.
So after an exchange of a few bucks, I now have wireless working
(sending this via the laptop)."

Thanks to all who responded.

--
Collins Richey