[clue-tech] Virtualization, GuestOS bare metal restore/reload

chris fedde chris at fedde.us
Tue Mar 31 16:16:37 MDT 2009

I can say that at work we have  105 guests running on 10  VMWare 3i hosts.
All using NFS stores.  It works great!  two of the NFS servers are high
performance NetApp and BlueArc NAS.  One is a server class P4 running ubuntu
and the kernel NFS server.  All are on 1Gig ethernet.

Among the many things I have not yet done is benchmark IO on these
platforms.