[clue-tech] Red Hat NFS client bug

Tue Mar 31 16:58:17 MDT 2009

Anyone know how I report bugs to Red Hat?  We are a one-box subscriber with a Basic subscription, so I'm pretty sure this issue's not covered for us under support, but nonetheless, I'd like to get it reported so they know.

We have verified an issue in the NFS client here, and verified that the issue does not occur with the Ubuntu NFS client.  We can run other tests.

When an OpenVMS NFS server starts, and a Red Hat NFS client connects at version level 3, the first time the client reads a file, it reads 11 or 12 garbage characters past the end of the file.  Subsequent reads of that file, for that run of the NFS server, are correct.

Stepping the client down to version 2 is a successful workaround.

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT, MCSE, Linux+
tel://720.333.LANS
Freeing people from the tyranny (or whatevery) of Microsofty-ness, one at a time.