[clue-tech] session logging

Charles Hutchinson chutchin at geekboi.org
Fri May 1 15:49:45 MDT 2009

I'm a big fan of screen here as well.  It has the added benefit of being
able to share the session so you can watch/drive as needed.  The output is
cleaner than script most of the time as well.

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 11:52 AM, foo7775 <foo7775 at comcast.net> wrote:

> David L. Willson wrote:
>
>> I bet there's a way to log everything that happens in a terminal session.
>>  Let's say I want a customer to run 20 or so commands, and return the whole
>> session, what they typed and what they got in return...  Anyone know a good
>> way to do that, off-hand?
>>
>> David L. Willson
>> Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
>> MCT, MCSE, Linux+
>> tel://720.333.LANS
>>

> I seem to recall that the 'screen' command can do that. From
> http://www.oreillynet.com/linux/cmd/cmd.csp?path=s/screen:
>

> Ctrl-a H
>
>    Begin/end logging of the current window to the file screenlog.n. (log)
>
> HTH

P. J. O'Rourke<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/p_j_orourke.html>
- "Cleanliness becomes more important when godliness is unlikely."