[clue-tech] Mythtv at installfest

Muzaffar, Nasir NMuzaffar at hitachiconsulting.com
Wed May 6 08:28:30 MDT 2009

I wanted to post a question regarding the Installfest coming up on May 16th.

I bought all new components for my build since I wanted to do it "right" and use it as my primary DVR. The components include the following:

 *   Antec Fusion case
 *   Asus M3A78-EM2 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131324
    *   The case has integrated audio (SPDIF) and video (HDMI) and I would like to use both
 *   4 GB RAM
 *   Pinnacle 800i TV tuner
 *   AMD 2.5 GHz dual core processor
 *   HDHomerun tuner
 *   Snapstream firefly remote

I have Comcast basic cable and would like to use the pinnacle tuner to capture analog signals and the HDHomerun dual tuners for unencrypted QAM HD channels (local HD networks). I originally had mythdora installed but I could not get the video working properly. I recently switched to the newest version of Mythbuntu and I am having issues with the pinnacle card. The card is recognized, but I cannot lock any channels. I also cannot get the SPDIF audio to work (it worked under mythdora). I am also having issues with getting the snapstream firefly remote to work. My last issue is that my case has a screen on it, simimalr to an A/V receiver, and I cannot get that to work (this is probably the least of my worries though).I have spent probably 40-50 hours playing around with my setup and cannot seem to get anywhere. I was hoping to have a linux guru walk me through the steps of configuring the box (preferably in person, but any help is greatly appreciated).

I really like the interface of mythtv and am trying to steer away from Microsoft Vista MCE and sagetv. My computer seems to run much cooler with linux and I think the functionality is better as well. I live near e-470 and smoky hill in southeast metro area, and if you could help me out in person, I would certainly reimburse you. If remote help is the only way to go, I am certainly open to that as well. I just need someone to help me out with this setup. I have two little kids and was hoping to get this setup so I could record their favorite shows.
 Does this sound like something that would be appropriate for me to bring to the Installfest? Thanks

Nasir

Nasir Muzaffar
Senior Consultant
Hitachi Consulting
www.hitachiconsulting.com<https://webmail.hitachiconsulting.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://webmail.hitachiconsulting.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.hitachiconsulting.com/>
Mobile: 303.548.0956
nmuzaffar at hitachiconsulting.com<mailto:nmuzaffar at hitachiconsulting.com>
Inspiring your next success! (r)

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, dissemination,
copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the
addressee is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact
the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.
Hitachi Consulting Corporation, 2001 Bryan Street, Suite 3600, Dallas, Texas 75201