[clue-tech] Mythtv at installfest

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sat May 9 15:53:01 MDT 2009

Sean L has done mythtv, it would be cool if he came to help.

Muzaffar, Nasir wrote:
> I originally had mythdora installed but I could not get the video
> working properly. I recently switched to the newest version of
> Mythbuntu and I am having issues with the pinnacle card. The card is
> recognized, but I cannot lock any channels.

We probably won't have a TV signal to use.  So if you want to work on
the tuner cards you'll need to bring a VCR or something to send to them.

> I also cannot get the SPDIF audio to work (it worked under mythdora).
> I am also having issues with getting the snapstream firefly remote to
> work. My last issue is that my case has a screen on it, simimalr to
> an A/V receiver, and I cannot get that to work (this is probably the
> least of my worries though).

We also probably won't have anything to play SPDIF audio, so you'd need
to bring that too. But the remote and screen we can probably look at.

You can certainly come out, it would be interesting to see your setup.
With this many things to do make sure you prioritize them and don't
switch tasks until you've gotten as far as you can.  A lot will depend
on who comes that has done this before or how much info Google has
on it.