[clue-tech] Need lots of help at Installfest

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri May 15 16:37:42 MDT 2009

joelinux at earthlink.net wrote:
> Hi all,  I need lots of help tomorrow at the Installfest. I installed
> Sidux-XFCE

We can fix that. ;-)

> I need to find an application for user management.

Hmmm.  For LDAP?  NIS?  Maybe you need one of those first. :-)  We can
find what there is.

> I installed konnqueror which I would like to use, but there is a file
>  association inode error that won't allow it to open a folder.

That shouldn't be hard either, though the contents might already be lost.

> Touchfreeze used to work, but now it stopped.  There are items on the
> menu that won't launch, and on and on it goes.

Those might be tricky.  We can talk about what exactly happened when the
problems started.

> I don't want to reinstall,

That's good.  I like to know what went wrong rather than jumping into
another set of what went wrong.

> I have another drive with a working KDE 3.5 system so I can put that
> in for the VGA port issue.

I may be working on a similar problem.

P.S. I got some requests for Linux Mint so I'm bringing that too.