[clue-tech] Need lots of help at Installfest

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri May 15 21:15:36 MDT 2009

Collins Richey wrote:
> Additional comments.
>
> Very strange setup for this thread unlike others on clue-tech. When I
> select reply (not reply to all), gmail generates a reply to joelinux
> and clue-tech

That's what the reply-to header is set to, not just clue-tech, which is
what mailman sets.  (We're enthusiastic users, not elitists, so we don't
know that reply-to munging is considered harmful.  You can get used to
anything.)

> so of course I get an automated CRAPCRAPCRAP message
> from joelinux extolling all the multiple reasons why he thinks my mail
> might be spam

I had one of those a while back, which I ignored.  It hasn't bothered me
since.  The question I had (in a reply to a direct message from joe) was
whether it would let my mail in since he had asked for it.  But I didn't
find out the answer and it's not as important as, say, capitalization of
user names (but that's a different thread).

I also don't know whether joe asked for brain-damaged behavior or
whether earthlink foisted it on him unawares.