[clue-tech] Need lots of help at Installfest

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri May 15 21:23:38 MDT 2009

David L. Willson wrote:
> It's a DOD project.  Running in a VM is not an option.

Hmm.  I know DoD.  Had to tell them recently that RHEL 4 isn't supported
on any of the hardware they can buy next year so they have to pay to
upgrade/port to RHEL 5.  We'll see if that line item makes the cut into
the budget.

Since they want old, old linux can you convince them to get you an old,
old laptop.  (Someone is bringing a libretto.  You can get a serial port
for that.  Maybe you can do a trade.) :-)

The hard thing is stuff like there's no SATA driver and your laptop only
has SATA.  But it sounds like you can build your own kernel.  So if you
can get that to work with old gcc you're set...  Sounds like maybe
you've solved the economic slowdown, at least at a local level.

Be fun to look at tomorrow.