[clue-tech] Need lots of help at Installfest

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Sat May 16 09:31:08 MDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-15 at 22:02 -0600, David L. Willson wrote:
> How can my brand-new kernel have missing deps?  How do I figure out which device is my cdrom, or if my cdrom is even being recognized?

Is this 2.6.x?  If so, try /dev/sr0 (assuming 1 CDROM or DVD device).
To see if it's working:

sudo mount /dev/sr0 /mnt
ls /mnt

If the first fails, it's not working.
If the second doesn't list the contents of the CD, it's not working.

--
Michael J. Hammel
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org / http://www.graphics-muse.org