[clue-tech] Hard drive model number.

Silas Martinez silasm at gmail.com
Mon May 25 13:03:21 MDT 2009

I'd think that, typically, a sick hard drive is probably sick due to damage
to platters (vibration/heat/wear). I'd, secondarily, assume that drive
model, etc, information (cmos?) is not stored on the platters, but rather in
the internal controller. My thinking is that, if the drive had damage that
would potentially invalidate its reported model info, you wouldn't be able
to get it to report much of anything.