[clue-tech] Mail server questions

chris fedde chris at fedde.us
Sat Nov 7 00:21:47 MST 2009

qpopper is very easy to setup and run.  a bit insecure by itself but
adding some firewall rules can help.  Most email clients can be
configured to either fetch mail or leave mail on server for either pop
or imap.    Alternately you can configure the remote server to queue
mail for you then run fetchmail to forward everything to your local
MTA.

Personaly I'm never going to run a personal MTA again.  Keeping up
with spam has become too much of a full time job.   Google carries my
family domain at this point.