[clue-tech] Mail server questions

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 19:57:24 MST 2009

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Matt Gushee <matt at gushee.net> wrote:
>  Unfortunately, some of my remote access will
> be from my workplace, where I can't install anything and don't even have my
> own e-mail account, so I pretty much have to do something browser-based.
>
>> <David> When I got tired of spam I added greylisting.  Only.
>
> I'll check into that.

As at least one other reported, that's why I use Gmail. No maintenance
by me, excellent and trainable spam filtering, and I can reach my mail
from any internet connection. Well, almost any. My company has decided
that such practices are EVIL, so I have to be on a non-standard vlan
to read gmail.

Spam accumulates in a special folder, and I just whack it (2
keystrokes) once or twice a week. There are almost never any false
positives. The most humorous thing about spam on Google: when you
select the spam folder, at the very top is a tiny add for spam (the
almost-meat stuff) recipes!

OTOH, fielding you own email is a worthwhile learning exercise.

--
Collins Richey