[clue-tech] MySQL server reply packets delayed/lost under network congestion?

chris fedde chris at fedde.us
Mon Nov 9 07:36:16 MST 2009

Having read through this thread I begin to wonder if it is a DNS
issue.  mysql may be looking for and failing to find reverse dns
entries.  The characteristic for this particular problem is a 90
second delay from the tcp connection till the response banner.

You can check to see if this is the issue using tcpdump.