[clue-tech] MySQL server reply packets delayed/lost under network congestion?

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Mon Nov 9 08:53:33 MST 2009

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the out-of-the-box idea.  If MySQL was trying to do
inverse DNS it would certainly fail the way you describe because we have
not set it up.  However I am not sure about that because when the link
is not saturated, MySQL responds right away to the same requests or
queries.  I will try adding a /etc/hosts entry on the linux server end
for the client IP address and see if it is any better.

Thanks,
Jim