[clue-tech] Using a SpeedStream 5260 from AT&T with Qwest DSL

Michael T. Conigliaro mike at conigliaro.org
Thu Nov 12 09:26:10 MST 2009

Hey guys, I came across this post about using a SpeedStream 5260 DSL Modem
on a Qwest circuit:

  http://cluedenver.org/pipermail/clue-tech/2007-December/019764.html

I'm moving to Broomfield from New Haven Connecticut in a few weeks, and I
was planning on using my SpeedStream (provided by AT&T out here) on a Qwest
circuit out there. I had already anticipated having to change the VPI/VCI,
and according to what I've read so far, I believe I just need to telnet
into the modem and use the following command:

  set vc 0 32 llc max

But I also came across this post with additional settings, of which I have
no idea how to change at the moment:

https://forums.qwest.com/qwbb/board/message?board.id=installation&thread.id=529

I was just wondering if any of you had done this before, and if so, what
other settings I might need to change. Thanks in advance!