[clue-tech] Re: Grab your coat, it's still on!

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun Nov 15 18:40:13 MST 2009

We had a really good installfest, despite the snow and disorganization.
  There were almost 20 people, thanks to all who came.  Thanks also to
Lee for bringing some good hot chocolate and to David Willson who ran
Free Lunch, dodged hecklers, and added to the installfest equipment fund.

I made it Microcenter afterward and picked up the PS2 to USB adapters we
need, as well as DVD blanks.  So I'll start keeping DVD ISOs now.  Patch
cables were too expensive so I made a couple of those from stuff I had
left over.  If you find other things that would make your time go
farther let me know.

I think we got the wireless mouse working, despite a BIOS upgrade and
who knows what else Maxwell had to do.  Dang he was persistent.  And
he's brand new in the area so it was cool he looked us up and came out.

There was a box that was having trouble after a new motherboard and
video card failed to work with the old configuration.  That all got
cleaned up I think.  Would have been nice to have Collins to help with
the sidux part.

There was some LFS going on and the usual other driver hunting.  I think
I got farther with the DeVry wireless that's never worked for
wpa_supplicant (adding wep_tx_keyidx=0 seems to help).  But I still
couldn't get an IP address :-(

There was also a round of Ticket to Ride, air hockey, ping pong, and
other amusements.

And finally, thanks to DeVry for continuing to be generous hosts.