[clue-tech] Missing Synaptic [was Re: Grab your coat, it'sstill on!]

Wed Nov 18 15:35:06 MST 2009

Too funny.  In the first attempt, you changed my ~ to a -.  Then, in the second one, you put in a $ at the beginning of the line, but you put the ~ in correctly!  If only you had NOT put in the $ ~and~ left the ~ as is, you would have gotten the intended result.

BTW: '~' is a bashonym for your home folder, and '$' at the beginning of a command in a document means you may run the following command as anyone, even a non-root user, as opposed to '#' which means you must run this command as root.

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT, MCSE, LPIC-1
tel://720.333.LANS