[clue-tech] Missing Synaptic [was Re: Grab your coat, it'sstill on!]

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Wed Nov 18 16:01:56 MST 2009

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 15:40:58 -0700
WILLIAM PATTERSON+I*I SMITH wrote:

> Does this help?

Well, it would if various window managers, X programs, etc. wouldn't
insist on bit-spewing .xsession-errors with so much cruft that the error
messages you really want to see get completely buried.

I'd hoped that about 20 lines would get back far enough to find the
actuall error. It's important to look at .xsession-errors immediately
following whatever event you're concerned with. You might have to keep
working backwards through .xsession errors until you find lines
complaining about something related to synaptic. Sometimes, it's easier
to just pull the whole file into a text editor, and then search backwards
for the command.

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?