[clue-tech] Cisco 678 and Qwest DSL

Todd A. Gibson tgibson at augustcouncil.com
Sat Nov 21 19:51:49 MST 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 07:34:10PM -0700, David L. Anselmi wrote:
> Bruce Ediger wrote:
> >I think something's not quite right with my trusty ol' Cisco 678.
> >
> >The downstream and upstream data rates seem reversed.  Can anyone
> >with a 678 do a "show int wan0" and let me know?

I haven't used my 678 in years.  I found it a very nice modem while in
use.  Near the end, it was extremely "brittle".  If I changed any of
the configuration options it would be unusable until I reverted back
to the previous setting.  The behavior was such that I ultimately
chalked it up to some aspect of the hardware failing.  This of course
isn't the same as the problem you've encountered.  I'm just noting
that your 678 is probably long in years.  The underlying problem could
very well be hardware related.
-TAG