[clue-tech] Cisco 678 and Qwest DSL

F.L. Whiteley techzone at greeleynet.com
Sat Nov 21 20:02:07 MST 2009

Mine follows.  I see a couple variances.

I've seen this elsewhere at a customer in Wheatridge.  32k in on
256k/256k service.  M1000 trained up fine at 256/256, and now it's on
1.5Mb.  Qwest tech checked at the demarc and it trained fine on his test
bed.  Saw it once in Greeley.  Turned out to be an obsolete line
conditioning card in the circuit.  Worked once removed.  Hear anything
when you punch 1 on the dialpad?  Know if you're on Central Office or
Remote Terminal?  Melting snow?  Have Qwest run a line test.

Cisco Broadband Operating System
CBOS (tm) 678 Software (C678-I-M), Version v2.4.6 - Release Software
Compiled May 30 2002 15:39:32
DMT FULL firmware version G96
NVRAM image at 0x1030eba0

cbos#show int wan0
wan0   ADSL Physical Port
       Line Trained
Actual Configuration:
  Overhead Framing:           3
  Trellis Coding:             Enabled
  Standard Compliance:        T1.413
  Downstream Data Rate:       1536 Kbps
  Upstream Data Rate:         1024 Kbps
  Interleave S Downstream:    4
  Interleave D Downstream:    16
  Interleave R Downstream:    16
  Interleave S Upstream:      4
  Interleave D Upstream:      8
  Interleave R Upstream:      16
  Modem Microcode:            G96
  DSP version:                0
  Operating State:            Showtime/Data Mode
Configured:
  Echo Cancellation:          Disabled
  Overhead Framing:           3
  Coding Gain:                Auto
  TX Power Attenuation:       0dB
  Trellis Coding:             Enabled
  Bit Swapping:               Disabled
  Standard Compliance:        T1.413
  Remote Standard Compliance: T1.413
  Tx Start Bin:               0x6
  Tx End Bin:                 0x1f
  Data Interface:             Utopia L1
  Local Coding Gain:          7.5dB
  Local Transmit Power:       12.3dB
  Local Attenuation:          48.5dB
  Remote Attenuation:         31.5dB
Local Counters:
  Interleaved RS Corrected Bytes:         42742440
  Interleaved Symbols with CRC Errors:    5164599
  No Cell Delineation Interleaved:        4641785
  Out of Cell Delineation Interleaved:    5426177
  Header Error Check Counter Interleaved: 5589690
  Count of Severely Errored Frames:       5164281
  Count of Loss of Signal Frames:         5654649
Remote Counters:
  Interleaved RS Corrected Bytes:         8390537
  Interleaved Symbols with CRC Errors:    4822619
  No Cell Delineation Interleaved:        5175382
  Header Error Check Counter Interleaved: 5006820
  Count of Severely Errored Frames:       4839875
  Count of Loss of Signal Frames:         5816953

Frank Whiteley