[clue-tech] Keyboard recommendations

chris fedde chris at fedde.us
Mon Nov 30 01:47:57 MST 2009

I'll chime in as a lover of the Model-M.  It has a stout, reliable,
durable mechanism. and great tactile and audio feedback.  the bigest
issue in a group setting might be the keyboard noise.

I got mine long ago at a used computer store.   Looks like they are
still available on ebay and used elsewhere.   Most of the ads I looked
at have a ps2 style  connector.  Not a problem for many systems but
USB offers more flexability.  Keep that in mind when looking.

Das Keyboard is another option: http://www.daskeyboard.com/  I've used
one of these briefly.  good action and tactile feel.  A bit mushier
than the Model-M but still a great keyboard for those who like that
kind of thing.

I'll not say anything bad about the various ergonomic keyboards except
to mention the various non traditional models available:
http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/ and  http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/ to
mention two that seem interesting.  I'd be intereested in hearing from
you if you go with something like one of these.