[clue-tech] Copying System to New Drive

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Oct 19 18:22:05 MDT 2009

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 22:37:26 -0600
> David L. Anselmi wrote:
>
>>> All seems simple enough. I did get a couple of errors when I ran
>>>   setup (hd0,0)
>> So the web page says setup (hd0).  I don't know how grub works but I'd
>> guess it's installing in the partition boot sector, not the MBR.
>
> I'm 99% sure that's a transcription error on my part, and I did do setup
> (hd0).

The embed errors you got seem to happen when you set up hd0,0, not hd0.
  E.g., see the transcript at:

http://osdir.com/ml/boot-loaders.grub.bugs/2005-02/msg00013.html

What problem are we working on again?  I looked at the CLUE archives and
saw many (old) threads about grub.  I'm not much help since I don't
remember the one you're looking for.