[clue-tech] Recycling and/or repair

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Thu Oct 22 12:15:06 MDT 2009

----- David Williams <dkwloki-clue at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I gotta 1U redundant power supply that appears to no longer work (i.e.
> the fan doesn't run, and the LED indicating power is not lit).
>
> These things are kind of expensive (about $200), does anyone know if
> they are worth repairing?  If so if there is a recommended place to do
> this.
>
> If repair doesn't make sense can you recommend a recycling facility?
> This thing is a serious hunk of metal.
>
> -David

David and company:

For recycling, Atlas Recycling at 1100 Umatilla (near Colfax and I-25; http://www.atlasmetalandiron.com ) will take computer components minus keyboards and monitors.  The more divided or separated things are, the better they will pay you.  They pay quite well for the copper, gold plating (RAM modules), hard drives, and computer boards, as well as your typical soda cans, soup cans, and such if you want to diversify your trip some there.  Again, separation of the metals, higher paying results. ;-)  Most of the metal recycling groups take their stuff here, so why pay the middle man when you can go for the source. B-)

HTH.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court