[clue-tech] Recommendation for Lightweight Distro

Warren warren at guano.org
Fri Oct 23 18:09:18 MDT 2009

Can anybody suggest a lightweight linux distro that can boot off a 1GB
compact flash (on an IDE-to-CF adapter), run in RAM, and supports
Firefox and multimedia apps like flash and mplayer?   ...I guess like a
kiosk.

Normally, I'd just run Damn Small Linux, but it's having trouble
identifying the on-board Intel ethernet adapter on the target machine.

BTW, if you've never taken a look at xPud (http://www.xpud.org/), give
it a try.  It's fast and uncomplicated.  It had trouble recognizing the
wheel in my wheel mouse (!) and the built-in installer for flash and
other multimedia apps doesn't actually seem to install anything, but it
shows a lot of promise.

--

 < /W >