[clue-tech] Does sidux have a working kde3?

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 09:05:22 MDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Jed S. Baer<cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net> wrote:
> Bueller?

sidux like all of Debian unstable has moved on to kde4. There is no
provision in Debian for remaining at kde3. Much as I preferred the
kde3 interface, I'm finding that kde4 is at least stable for my basic
needs, and I'm sure that it will provide lots of "good stuff" as the
product matures.

Since my needs are relatively simple, I've switched over to the 64bit
version to get some additional experience. Thus far no major problems
have arisen. Even youtube stuff works. The only buig/opportunity I've
encountered was sound. I couldn't get a beep, and no one on the forum
had any suggestions. Finally I found a hint. The kde4 sound system has
a menu to select the 'master channel'. The default setting is
'Master'. Apparently my sound card ( nVidia Corporation MCP61 High
Definition Audio - supported by snd_hda_codec_realtek, snd_hda_intel)
doesn't work with Master. As soon as I selected 'Front', all was well.

--
Collins Richey