[clue-tech] Does sidux have a working kde3?

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Sep 9 16:22:53 MDT 2009

Collins Richey wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Jed S. Baer<cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net> wrote:
>> Bueller?
>
> sidux like all of Debian unstable has moved on to kde4. There is no
> provision in Debian for remaining at kde3. Much as I preferred the
> kde3 interface, I'm finding that kde4 is at least stable for my basic
> needs, and I'm sure that it will provide lots of "good stuff" as the
> product matures.

I don't like kde4 much so I expect to ignore the "good stuff" that comes
out.  But I'm using it on my laptop (classic menus was a must though).

But my desktop is having artsd problems and that seems to be junk so I'm
about to upgrade.  If 4 is too slow then I'll pitch it and use xfce or
something (or maybe eight and a half, though it's my wife's computer so
she might not appreciate that).