[clue-tech] Does sidux have a working kde3?

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Wed Sep 9 16:43:53 MDT 2009

On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 16:22:53 -0600
David L. Anselmi wrote:

> > sidux like all of Debian unstable has moved on to kde4. There is no
> > provision in Debian for remaining at kde3. Much as I preferred the
> > kde3 interface, I'm finding that kde4 is at least stable for my basic
> > needs, and I'm sure that it will provide lots of "good stuff" as the
> > product matures.
>
> I don't like kde4 much so I expect to ignore the "good stuff" that
> comes out.  But I'm using it on my laptop (classic menus was a must
> though).

I decided to ditch it post haste, when I attempted to bring up the panel
config, and was presented with huge slab of what I assume is supposed to
look like polished onyx, and about a handful of options, none of which
was to change the panel background to a flat color of my choice.

I might give Fluxbox a try, but right now, I'm about 95% sure I'm going
back to Fvwm. Xfce isn't too bad, but I can't quite get it configured to
work the way I work.

jed