[clue-tech] Fwd: My next desktop ==> server with virtualization

chris fedde chris at fedde.us
Thu Sep 10 12:00:09 MDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 9:52 AM, NOPE9 <yes at nope9.com> wrote:
> #1   The ATOM package seems to have a max memory of 2G.
> Do you think that is sufficient ?

The larger the amount of ram the more simultaneously active sessions
your server can support.
Linux uses all the "unused" ram for file buffers thus improving access
to the data for local processing.  But a NAS still hast to ship the
data over the network which has huge performance differential compared
to ram/cpu times.     I'm confident that 2Gbyte is plenty of ram for
the average home or small office  NAS.