[clue-tech] Fwd: My next desktop ==> server with virtualization

Shawn Perry redmop924 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 10 11:44:24 MDT 2009

# 1.  For a simple NAS, it's plenty.  I ran one on 512M for a long
time.  I'm now running that one in a VM with 512 allocated memory.

# 2.  It was a refurb, it came with .75 tb, I added the 1 tb.  It came
with 7 GB ram.  I chose it because it had the low power AMD quad core
so I didn't need to run so many fans in it.  It is a HP Pavilion Model
a6757c.  It does not have gigabit, but it has a free card slot.  It
regulars for 460, I bought it for 365.