[clue-tech] Online meetings

F.L. Whiteley techzone at greeleynet.com
Wed Dec 22 21:40:25 MST 2010

I use DimDim Webinar.  The national organization and chapters I share with
have been a bit slow to pick up on it though we've had some good events.
It's morphed a bit since I first started with it over two years ago.  They
have a free edition with basic features.  I use a dummy attendee machine to
record the events redundantly as the included recording features sometimes
fail.  I chose this over Yugma, Webex, and GoToMeeting due to cross platform
support, webcam streaming, and other features available at the time.  I'll
have to check to see how Yugma has evolved and improved.  I see they now
offer a Webinar option.  The success of any service really requires some
practice on the part of the presenters.  The meetings have limited camera
and microphone options in both, leaving open discussion to the telephone
bridges.  In some cases this means a local VOIP/telephone bridge for 100%
participation.

http://www.dimdim.com/features/dimdim_benefits_groups.html

Frank Whiteley