[clue-tech] SWITCHING DISPLAY MANAGERS FROM TERMINAL?

Tony M. Davis tony2kats at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 26 02:14:01 MST 2010

I'm new to Ubuntu.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.  I was trying to set up my login so that I
didn't have to enter any information.  I didn't know what I was doing
and selected the KDE display.  When my machine rebooted, it came up in
KDE for a few seconds, the screen went black and a message on the top of
the screen said some driver wouldn't work with KDE.

I'm a newbie and have no idea how to get my desktop back to Gnome.  I
did research and have managed to figure out how to get the terminal up,
but can't find the command that would switch me back to Gnome.  Can I
even change it from the terminal?  If not there, where?  Any help would
be appreciated.

I'm not sure how to use the clue-tech list, so a response to this email
address regarding this topic would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Tony M. Davis